Friday, November 14, 2008

Check, please!

FINALLY! Two months after Hurricane Ike I receive our insurance check. Yet while I look longingly at the 5 figures, 6 if you included the "$" sign, it's still not mine. It's also made out to our mortgage company. Which thanks to Hurricane Katrina, once they receive it, distribution back to us will be parsed in thirds. I'll get a third within two weeks, another third after 50% of the repairs are done and the last when it's all finished. Please allow 5-7 working days for disbursement processing. Add $10 for overnight mail. Great, except the fence and roof jobs will only take one day, two days most. We're on schedule for the fence the end of this month and the roof early December. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep positive, enjoying the wide open expanse from my sewing room (estate living!) and the roof repair has held. And shopping for our new kitchen floor will be a pleasant diversion. (Yes, that was damaged, too. I'll spare you the rest of the 11 page insurance report.) But isn't it ironic how we have to be on time with our insurance and mortgage payments?!

No comments: