Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Peggy Makes a Pie (Crust)

Just as there are many ways to cook your turkey (and brussels sprouts - what's up with their popularity this year?!), so there are pie crust recipes. Instead of relying on frozen, Pillsbury or Costco this year, I decided to make my own. Not only to save money, but to try and make it a little bit healthier by using real ingredients instead of chemical additives. The November issue of Good Housekeeping seemed to have an understandable-to-me set of instructions, so I thought I would give it a try today. I'll keep you posted!

I use the Libby's Lighter Pumpkin Pie recipe, with 2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of the individual spices. (Psst! Check out this Date Nut cookie recipe on the Penzeys website, which also uses the pumpkin pie spice...It is also featured in their Holiday catalog)

No comments: