Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Planters Daybreak Blend-Updated!



Sounds like coffee! Actually a healthy snack. But good luck finding it, it's not in the usual suspect areas of breakfast items, snacks or bars -- L found this in the nut section. While I can't fathom this as a portable breakfast substitute as Planters/Kraft is trying to promote, it's not a bad stifler of "I've got the hungries" when away from home. So I keep a pack in my purse and then try to brush the crumbs off me and the car afterwards. Who knew little bits of oats could be so clingy? While, yes a little pricey at $2.99 for 5 1.5 oz. pouches, they are filling and you get a lot really. Almonds, pecans, rolled oats/granola clusters, dried apples, dried cranberries, dried bananas. 200 calories, total fat 10g (sat 1g/poly 3g/mono 6g), cholesterol 0g, sodium 70g, potassium 24g, fiber 3g, sugars 13g, protein 4g. Daily values -- Calcium 4%, Manganese 20% and Iron 60%


---------- Update 3-20-08

This flavor is my new favorite, "Berry Almond Trail" I skipped over it the first time because I saw the word -berry- and I'm allergic to strawberries. Most of the time "berry" = "strawberry" but not in this case You get granola clusters, cranberries, almonds, golden raisins, bananas, etc. Not that much different, swapping out the apples and a few less calories and fat somehow. 180 calories, total fat 7g (sat .5g/poly 2g/mono 4.5g), 0 cholesterol, sodium 55mg, potassium 190mg, fiber 3g, sugars 19g.

No comments: