Friday, January 18, 2008

Lightened Rice Pudding from Everyday Food January/February 2008 #49

Page 148, "Lightened Rice Pudding" from the current issue of Everyday Food, Issue #49 January/February 2008. I attempted to cut it down by a third because the recipe says it "serves 8" and it called for 6 cups of milk. Since I'm the only one who will probably like and eat it around here, I don't want to be staring at a big bowlful of it everytime I open the fridge and lamenting the almost empty milk carton as a result.

It turned out great! Kind of chai-y because I used both a sprinkle of cardamon and cinnamon (which is what I figured was 1/3 of 1/4 teaspoon) and a splash of vanilla. By cutting down the ingredients by a third, I divided the 2 cups of milk into 1 2/3 cup milk for step one and 1/3 cup milk in step two. And it made plenty, a little goes a long way to fill you up. Grade: B+/I'll make it again

No comments: