Saturday, November 17, 2007

Tat the Cat

Hello Kitty gets tatoo'd! My first Christmas 2007 HK found a new home yesterday, so I went to Target to get another. I lucked out and found the bracelets in purple, only one. And then on the other side of the display

I found twinklies - a sparkly 16" crystal necklace, which may turn into ornaments, embellishment or even purse handles....and tatoos - the press-on rhinestone kind. In shades of purple and pink (they also have green). Why sew when you can press?

Here's the purple version -- I used one of the bracelets again as the hanging loop, cut apart the flower to embellish her bow and put the snowflake design on her dress.

I used the two bottom tatoos for the pink version, the flower on the dress center, and split the second floral design into a bow decoration and created her own arm (paw?) tatoo. I threaded the charm from the earlier pink bracelet onto pink and red ribbons, keeping with the pink/red tatoo combination. (I like pink and red together, though some think it's just so wrong. But then, this is a Hello Kitty with a tatoo, and an attitude!)

No comments: