Friday, October 26, 2007

A Treat for Boo!

Each year I make treat bags for the special kids on our street. Not only do I get to use up stash fabric and lace (I bought oodles when Cloth World was still around and they had 10 cents/yard lace sales!), but I get to buy Costco's ALL CHOCOLATE 150 piece, almost 5 1/2 pound bag of Hershey, Nestle and M&M brand candy. You know, the "good stuff" you wished and hoped you would get. I must confess, no Almond Joys made it into the bag which is why one of the bags is strategically covering that logo.

A length of 20" will make 5 bags, approximately 7 1/2" wide. Easy to do on the serger - fold in half lengthwise, serge one side seam, finish the top edge, serge second side seam. 21" of lace will make a pretty bow tie. Put leftover candy in container and hide for future use.

No comments: