Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bake Sale!

The public debut of Martha Stewart's/Everyday Food (#41, April 2007 issue) sugar cookie! My daughter's class was having a bake sale today, and the instructions were - 24 cookies, 1 cookie per bag, to be sold for 50 cents. Why not give them more bang and taste for their half buck with Martha and a Martha-like pretty bag?
In a clearance section of Target (near the stationery, there may be a few rolls left in your store), I found an 82 foot (!) roll of 1-7/8" wide package tape marked down to $1.38. I thought it would be fun to use for the cookie bags, and my eBay and gift packages. I used the plastic sandwich bags, the fold-to-close type, and folded over the top to the front and taped the bag shut. 7 1/2 rows of circles was long enough for the front and a little to wrap over the side edges. It's a good quality sealing tape - not too thin, not too thick. I went back to Target to get another roll today! The colors of the circles can easily be used for any holiday and opportunity. I think I'm all set.

No comments: