Thursday, October 11, 2007

Eat Pink! And who's your genus?

Actually, apricot! Today's first Costco find benefits the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Super fresh and soft -- Treat yourself and help others at the same time.
The second Costco find illustrates how insistently dumb some people can be. Costco has marked down their fall bulbs, these are now $9.97. They usually will go lower, but the selection is limited and I wanted to grab this particular running-low assortment now. I've had great luck with these bulbs for the past four years. In Texas we plant them in January/February. And about 50% of the daffodils will naturalize and return. Another lady was looking at them and I told her how well they did, even in the soggy part of my yard. She said, "I was looking for daffodils." I said, daffodils are narcissus. Oh no, she insisted, pointing to the word narcissus, see? (Actually, they are part of the amaryllis genus/family, but I didn't mention it.) So all you fellow March flower babes and those who like daffodils, jonquils, narcissus...go grab a bag!

No comments: