Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sandra Betzina meets Marilyn Monroe


Actually, her Today's Fit Vogue 2977 did this morning!
This fabric may look familiar, I used it in another Sandra pattern, Vogue 8151

The directions say to use Steam-A-Seam 2 Lite to finish the edges of the panels. A good idea if you are using good fabric. But since it was a trial run, I didn't want to invest the time, the money and the aggravation (playing with SAS2 when it's raining and the humidity is 78% is not fun), I just carefully trimmed 5/8 from the side edges. Because it is a knit, it slightly turns under, and a wild print, so you really can't notice the raw edges.

This sewed together in about 15 minutes! The notches matched perfectly, Sandra's directions were clear and foolproof (sometimes when I do yoked skirts and pants, I sew it upside down). The finished length is 31 3/4" to the center point. I measure 47" in length from waist to foot and I did not do any length adjustments.
I think this would be a fun skirt to wear, and was surprised and pleased how it turned out. The center point covers "mature" knees you'd rather keep hidden, but allows a little flash of your side leg, which still looks pretty good!

No comments: