Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The new Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue Patterns


Even though I wasn't exactly wild at first over her newest three - 2977, 2980, 2991 - I bought all of them today at my super-duper Hancock sale deal at 89 cents each. I still would love to see them made up a la Sandra, I'm sure they are way better than they appear on the pattern envelope. In an earlier post, when I said I would pass on the coat (2991), I didn't know there was an adorable shorter version, which is exactly what I've been looking for. I bet Sandra probably made it in a faux fur or leopard print, don'cha think? (It's listed under suggested fabrics, along with suede and leather!). I'm not certain how the 2980 will fit over the boobies with the attached bolero sleeves. Maybe they are and will stay to the side (the sleeves, not the boobs). And I have stash fabric to try the "Elf" outfit (2977), for funsies.
In any case, I'll have a good time sewing the next few days trialing these and will report back. How and where else can you have sew much fun for less than a dollar?!

No comments: