Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thursday Tea Time - Nerada Organics - Subtract the chill by adding chai

So hear it then, my Rennie dear, Nor hear it with a frown; You cannot make the tea so fast As I can gulp it down. I therefore pray thee, Rennie dear, That thou wilt give to me With cream and sugar softened well, Another dish of tea.
Dr. Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) Untitled



Nevada is another true Australian tea - this is their Organics line, Pure Organic Chai.   Australian's largest tea grower from Queensland.  And it is delicious!


The ingredients are not listed, but I can discern clove, ginger and cinnamon.  No pepper, whew.  I always thought pepper was a cheap way to get the heat going.  I also couldn't see brewing directions, so I kept the double flow-through tea bag in the mug for about 5 minutes.  Perfect!  (with added sugar-free Italian cream creamer.)  I hadn't seen a teabag like the Lipton's Flo-Thru in a long time.  It definitely brewed up the flavor strength.

You can see my beachy blue starfish pumpkin still holding court in the kitchen garden!
I can't wait to get more of this and try their other flavors.  Check out their website - doesn't their Royal Devonshire Tea sound divine?  In the meantime, I'm glad this is a box of 50 (now 49).  Chai definitely takes the chill off.

Rating: 5

No comments: