Friday, November 11, 2016

Winter YummyLand - Mint Chocolate Delights



Let the Christmas Cookie 2016 tryouts begin!

I found this Nestle Toll House Winter Limited Edition Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels chips at Super Target, and at HEB for around $1.50-$1.70 a bag.  I thought I would use them for my tried and true chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe, but when I flipped the bag over, I saw their recipe for "Mint Chocolate Delights"  There is also another recipe on the bag for "Magic Mint Chocolate Bark" -- I'm putting that on the try list, also!

MINT CHOCOLATE DELIGHTS

2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (I always use unsalted butter when I bake, easier to control the salt - different brands use different amounts)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package of chips)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and stir.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add eggs and gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in morsels.
Drop by well-rounded tablespoons (or teaspoonfuls) onto uncreased baking sheets
Bake for 11-13 minutes (or 9 to 11 minutes) until cookies are puffed and centers are set.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen (6 1/2 dozen) cookies.

(I like to make smaller cookies - it is much easier calorie and mind-bending wise to be able to say to yourself or anyone/no one in the room, "I'll just have one or two cookies"...)

No comments: