Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Watercolor Wednesday - Artist Trading Card Swap - Passion for Purple

These were the Artist Trading Cards for another swap, "My Hometown"

This was the one I swapped







Growing up in Rochester, New York - The Lilac Capitol of the World - I loved the fragrance, the shades of purple and the lilac bush blooms( -- I used to work my way into the center of the ones in our garden and turn it into my playhouse)...and the Rochester Lilac Festival in May.  They added an extra weekend to the Festival, as some years they hadn't bloomed/bloomed too early, or there was a late freeze.   Well, there was always the Pansy Bed. . .

While there is nothing like the real thing, I had fun trying to interpret and paint lilacs.  I used multiple glazes, colored pencil, different brush stroke techniques, and even sprinkled some salt to help define the individual four-lobed corolla flowers.

Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) are addicting to paint and swap these 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" pieces of art.

P.S. If you are celebrating an 8th year anniversary in the Spring, the lilac is your flower to included in your bouquet.

No comments: