Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday Tea Time - "...not later than a quarter past four." ~ C.S. Lewis

This week - Twinings English Afternoon Tea 


Price:  $3.39  Central Market, Kroger, HEB
Size:  20 individually wrapped tea bags
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of Tea:    Black
Steeping time:  3 minutes
Mix ins:  Silk Caramel Almond Creamer, Natural Bliss
Fragrance:  Very pleasant, reminds me of tea party tea.
Ingredients:  Keemun and Ceylon black teas
Opinion:   I like this tea!  Especially in the afternoon when I start to lag.  Though I also drank it in the morning because, well, I've also drank English Breakfast tea in the afternoon and the world didn't stop spinning.  It has a very bright taste and not quite as much caffeine - 3 leaves Afternoon versus 4 leaves Breakfast.   It has a slightly sweet taste, which goes well with my new tea partners - Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer and Silk Caramel Almond Creamer.  I still like my Natural Bliss, but these are another alternative if you are watching sugar/carbs and fat. Interesting to note on the Twinings website they recommend not using a microwave to boil your water.  (No problem there, since I acquired my Chantal electric teakettle, which oddly boils water faster than a microwave.)
Rating:  4 - Will definitely buy this again.

No comments: