Friday, March 11, 2016

Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash Blues

Winsor & Newton Blue (Red Shade)

(My apologies to all those who landed here because of The Clash)

In my naiveté purchasing watercolor tubes when presented with a supply list, I didn't know there was a difference between Winsor Blue Green shade and Winsor Blue Red Shade.   I had several tubes of colors to buy and just saw the "Winsor Blue..." and put it in my basket.

As a constant reminder, getting asked "Why do you have the Red Shade? and taking up valuable palette real estate space - I decided to do a paint-off.

Ugh.  I now understand.  This color - shade - isn't so great.  It looks dull, doesn't granulate.

Winsor Blue(Green)  on the left is much prettier!
"This indecision's (no longer) bugging me"

Not here "Until the end of time"

Especially when you have these French Ultramarines --

I love them both - The Daniel Smith on the left is a recent acquisition. 



No comments: