Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Tea Time


 Hot --
 Iced --


This week - Matcha Green Tea Latte at Mochas & Javas

One of my favorite hangouts in San Marcos, Texas - home of Texas State University Bobcats - is Mochas and Javas. I'm up there so often, they think I live in the area instead of three hours away in Houston. "Hey! Haven't seen you in awhile!"

Anyways, they have two locations I frequent - North LBJ, near the campus and Wonderworld. There's also a location in the Central Texas Medical Center. Today I was at the Wonderworld spot and noticed a new item - Matcha Green Tea. Hot or iced, even in a latte. I got the iced latte skinny version, and boy was it wonderful! A pretty green color (think pale pistachio) and a very drinkable flavor. I had tried matcha at another venue and it was like drinking green, for lack of a better word, goop. Insert sticking tongue out and making face here. And based upon that experience I had never tried it again until now. Thank goodness their version is not only good, but also good for me, too, with lots of antioxidants. They are testing it at the Wonderworld location, and hopefully will begin selling it at the TXST location.
It has me intrigued enough to start looking for matchas to make at home. If any one has any suggestions, please let me know. I will post the reviews.

No comments: