Monday, April 02, 2012

Eggstraspecial

I bought this bag of wool-covered eggs as soon as Target set out their Easter goodies. A little pricey at $8, but to me they looked more expensive than that. And with two different sizes, ideas were just bumping around in my mind. I thought I could either display them in a bowl, glue onto a wreath or, slightly squishing the bag, thread them onto a garland. I decided to go with the latter. (And yes, I kept that 11" pink ribbon for another time, another use)



I must have bought 20 yards of this lace trim years ago, probably 20 years ago. It was a great sale at Jo-Ann's -- 10 cents a yard. I definitely have gotten my money and many projects from it. I should have bought more! The Bohn Rubber Pullers saved my fingers and sanity trying to push and pull the needle through - Aha! Surprise! Plastic shell underneath the wool covering.



Next year I could unthread them and repurpose for another decorating craft project...display in a bowl, glue onto a wreath. . . An $8 Easter egg investment definitely well spent.

No comments: