Friday, August 06, 2010

Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue 1164 - View B Top


I finally finished the short-sleeved View B Vogue 1164. It had been cut and ready to sew on my sewing table for almost two months. It's been a busy summer! This view does not have darts, nor did I add the elastic to the back, as in my other versions of View A from February 27 and January 27 .

I used a lycra knit fabric, (it's hard to tell in this picture, but it is a cream/white/yellow/black print I bought from C & C Fabrics when they were at the Houston Quilt Festival last year) lined with a camo print lace knit from the Jo-Ann's Red Tag sale. Get a little creative and have fun with the front lining! As long is it is a lightweight stretchy knit, it will work. Sometimes that stretch mesh is hard to find, and can be a little pricey. Tricot is cheaper but also difficult to locate locally. The clerk at Jo-ann's just said, "Huh? We don't carry that!" (???) You should also note the sleeves are not as long as drawn on the pattern envelope. I even added 5/8" to the length. The 100+ degree temperatures this afternoon persuaded me to stay inside and improvise from my button stash, adding an extra button to the front. I may still try to find a cool button to showcase later.



FYI: Jo-Ann's is having their $3.99 Vogue pattern sale this weekend, and this pattern is currently on sale for $5.99 on the Vogue pattern website. Grab this pattern while it is still available...and at a considerable savings from the $27.50 list price. At least they still carry patterns!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Peggy you need to sew more a lot more you are such a good seamstress. I think you should really look for interesting buttons. In my stash I have some yellow vintage that might work. what size button? We leave for 3 weeks on Sunday.

Peggy said...

Thanks, Monica! XOXO! 1"-2" thereabouts looks the best. I thought I had a button for this, but it went AWOL. Would love to get together with you - probably after a late September-mid October visit to TXST.