Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday Tea Time



This week - Tazo Vanilla Rooibos Organic Red Tea Latte Concentrate

Cost: $3.99 for 32 ounces at Super Target
Caffeine: No
Type of tea: Red
Ingredients: Rooibos tea, vanilla extract, apple and peach juices, cassia, chamomile, licorice root, water, cane sugar

4 ounces of concentrate has 60 calories, 5mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 12g sugar, 1g protein, 4% vitamin A, 2% calcium, 4% vitamin C, 4% iron

Opinion: Tastes like apple juice mixed with milk - yuck! I'll try it warmed next time, maybe closer to Fall for something more seasonal? Disappointed I couldn't detect the peach flavor. It's almost too sweet, and I certainly didn't use the suggested 50/50 proportions. More like 1/4 to 1/3 added to a little more than half filled glass of skim milk. Would I buy it again? Probably not. I'll finish it, maybe. I like the Green Tea Latte much better.

No comments: