Thursday, August 05, 2010

Thursday Tea Time

This week: Cost Plus World Market Organic Jasmine Pearls
Cost: $4.99
Number of teabags: 15 individually wrapped pyramid "infusers"
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Green
Steeping time: 5 minutes
Mix ins: CBTL Fat-Free Vanilla powder
Ingredients: Organic jasmine pearls
Double Dip: Surprise! Yes! I had left the teabag out overnight and the leaves somewhat reformed back into balls. It wasn't quite as strong, but still drinkable.
Opinion: I tried the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls tea as an iced latte in the store and loved it! It tasted (and with the crushed ice looked) like rice pudding! I went to purchase a canister, it rang up $20.20! Whoa, that's a lot! I put it back ricky-tick, and vowed to find a less expensive version first. When I found this at Cost Plus World Market for less than $5, I figured it was worth a shot. Each teabag contains 15-19 "pearls". I liked the fact the tea bags are sealed, keeping intact the jasmine flavor and fragrance. I tried this both hot and cold and loved both versions. So did my wallet! The fragrance and taste is very soothing and calming. Perfect when you need a recentering moment or just want a taste change of pace. Being organic is bonus, and if you join the free Cost Plus World Market "Explorer" program, you can get coupons for 10% off. I was also impressed at all the teas they had, I'll be back!
Rating: 4.25

No comments: