Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday Tea Time










This week -- Celestial Seasonings Red Tea Madagascar Vanilla
Cost: $2.99 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags: 20 - individually sealed in attached double paper bags
Caffeine: No
Type of tea: African Rooibos Red
Steeping time: 4 minutes
Double Dipper potential: Yes, give it 6 minutes the second time
Mix ins: Sugar, milk
Teabag fragrance: VANILLA!
Ingredients: Rooibos, Natural French Vanilla Flvor and Vanilla Bean
Taste: Vanilla, with a bit of astringency which you can temper with a little more sugar than usual
My opinion: Pretty orangy-red - when you add milk it looks peachy. I tried a cup after lunch when I really wanted those chocolate chip cookies, and this did the trick! Rooibos/red teas are very high on the good for you tea list. And you have to admit, a lion drinking a cup of this tea on the box is a strong endorsement.
Would I go back and buy another box? Yes!
Rating: 4.5 teabags out of 5

2 comments:

becki-c said...

Mmmm, vanilla is one of my favorite flavors/scents.

Lala said...

Hi Peggy! I love the graphics on the CS boxes... they look so pretty sitting on the grocery shelf!

Enjoy your tea-time!

Lala :o)