Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Everyday Food #65 - Three-Cheese Skillet Lasagna


Three Cheese Skillet Lasagna From Everyday Food issue #65, September 2009, page 97

Another instance "sort-of" following the directions. In the freezer I had 1/2 jar of leftover pasta sauce with mushrooms and an opened 1/2 mozzarella "ball" from a Costco two-pack. With a 28 ounce can of whole tomatoes + the pasta sauce, it was the perfect consistency. I used my Cuisinart Little Chopper to chop up the mozzarella instead of trying to shred - it was too soft. I also used the entire 15 ounce container of ricotta cheese (low fat). As far as the skillet, which seemed like a good idea, I didn't have an all-metal one shown in the magazine photo and didn't trust my skillet's composite handle at 400, so I used my Chantal "Party Pan" - basically a round casserole. Worked just fine.

With the no-bake noodles, this was a pretty fast and easy lasagna in less than 1 hour. Not bad! I will add it to my recipe notebook.

No comments: