Thursday, October 08, 2009

Thursday Tea Time



This week - Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma One of their 1970's classics, it's still great today!


Cost: Around $3.50 at Whole Foods

Number of teabags: 20 - individually sealed in attached double paper bags

Caffeine: No

Type of tea: Herbal

Steeping time: 4 minutes

Double Dipper potential: Yes, give it 5-6 minutes the second time

Mix ins: Sugar, milk. I tried it with 2% instead of skim or whole, just to keep the docs happy. Tasted just fine.

Teabag fragrance: "Roasty!" With a little bit of spice

Ingredients: Roasted barley, roasted chicory, roasted carob, cinnamon, allspice and Chinese star anise.

Taste: You can detect the chicory, but it is not bitter. It looks dark, like coffee. Smells and tastes great. Love the cinnamon/allspice/anise combo, and the carob is a good substitute for a chocolate essence.

My opinion: Perfect flavor weight for Fall/Winter.

Would I go back and buy another box? Yes. I panicked last Spring when I couldn't find it anymore at the store location I usually shop. But Whole Foods brought it back.

Rating: 4+ teabags out of 5. As of right now, this is my favorite herbal tea, hence the "+" after the 4. It's hard to be consistent!

No comments: