Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bake Sale Cookie Time - Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies


"There's a bake sale tomorrow - can you bring some cookies?" Betty Crocker to the rescue with my tried and true Chocolate Chip cookie recipe posted here earlier.

I doubled the recipe and instead of butter/margarine plus shortening, I used two sticks of Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend (trying to make them a little healthier for the cookie toll we take for the home team), and added 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and a container of Fall jimmies/sprinkles from the Target Dollar Spot.
Update: (my commenter doesn't seem to be working this morning_
I'm with you there, Lala! I'll do that and add a little whole wheat flour to the recipe - but for a bake sale, I didn't want anyone to have any surprise after effects ; )
Good news is they raised over $800 for the Adopt a Family program. Their goal was $300, so we are hoping they can adopt 3 families this year!
P.S. Was told these cookies were gone in less than 5 minutes. I don't know if that means sold...or..EATEN!

1 comment:

Lala said...

Hi Peggy!!! They look YUMMY!!! I've started adding FLAXSEED MEAL (ground flaxseed) secretly to our CC and Oatmeal craisin cookies... noone has noticed (yet)

Good luck with the bakesale!

Lala :o)