Tuesday, September 08, 2009

How did I miss this one?! GreenCraft Magazine



When I was picking up the latest issue of Threads at Barnes and Noble, L found this - GreenCraft Magazine - tucked away in the stacks. If someone was hiding it until they could come back with a coupon, sorry! I had my coupon! I don't know if this has been out for awhile, it says "Summer 2009", but it is the premiere issue. Whether it is a one-time publication or the beginning of a long, lovely relationship, they better send and restock more of them!

From the fine folks at Somerset Studio, this issue has over 50 "stylish and sustainable projects."

Not only just for grown-ups, many of these projects would be perfect for kids -- Scouts, Vacation Bible School, rainy day activities, school art projects, etc. Especially with budget cutbacks, this helps make crafting more affordable and Earth-friendly.

What caught my eye upon first flip-through?
  • Cheetos bag/purse
  • Plastic bag apron, totebag and belt
  • Gift box toppers
  • Newspaper headband
  • and lots of other launching ideas

The projects don't really complete, hold-your-hand numbered instructions, but the gist of basic technique and ideas what to make. (Give your creative little self credit -- If you can read it, you can do it.) I also like how they include the project designer's website and blog. I love discovering new people, new places to visit.

So grab your coupon and grab this issue if you can find it. It does make you think before you toss and ignites that recyclable creative fire.

No comments: