Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ASG Ronald McDonald House Pillowcase Project

Here are a few of the pillowcases I sewed for the Ronald McDonald House. I used the "burrito" sewing method to give a nice finish to the edge. Of all the directions I reviewed, the ones from Utah State University were the easiest for my brain to comprehend.


Adorable K.P. Kids & Co. fabric. And so soft, too! Love how the border print went vertical instead of horizontal.

And I embroidered a tiny heart on each pillowcase. . .
-----------------
Most recent count of pillowcases sewn by the American Sewing Guild -- over 1,000!!

2 comments:

That Christine said...

I live in northern Wisconsin and there are no chapters of the ASG anywhere near here. I have sent three email requests for information on starting a chapter here to the ASG link on their website with no reply. Do you know of anyone that can help me? I love the things you are doing and have friends that are interested in forming a group.

Peggy said...

Hi Christine! I see there are three ASG Chapters in Wisconsin http://www.asg.org/files/locator/results_state.php?s_Dealer_State=WI.

There are certain steps you have to follow to form an ASG Chapter. Lots of hoops to jump through, but it helps insure your success.

Have you requested Kit #1? If you have emailed, it may take a little bit longer. Here are the local numbers for the ASG Headquarters (here in Houston!) 713/729-3000, FAX 713/721-9230. Calling or faxing could help move things along a little faster.

Or you may want to try and become a Neighborhood Group of one of the three already established chapters first, and then move on to chapterhood. If I recall correctly, many of the Texas chapters were once "neighborhood" groups of cities not exactly nearby!

I admire your due diligence and wish you good luck spreading the good works, good fun and good friendships of the American Sewing Guild!

Best regards, Peggy