Thursday, September 17, 2009

Don't flip your lid!

Once again, the design and quality of Rival's CrockPot lids leave a lot to be desired. My newest CrockPot isn't even a year old and despite handwashing the lid, the plastic still fatigued and the handle broke right off. Since Rival has a less than customer favorable lid replacement price (see earlier post here) (but click here for a great lid replacement website) and lid was still intact, all I really needed was a new knob. I went to Lowes today and purchased a cupboard/drawer knob for 97 cents. Added a few extra washers since the screw was a little bit too long, and voila! I'm ready to start crocking again!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I have had mine 6 years and no problems. I don't like that the metal casing ( the crock you put the pot in!)is never really is clean. My neighbor has a Cusinart I will ask her about it.

Peggy said...

I don't like the black crocks, either. They do get this funny white/gray look to them whether you handwash or put in the dishwasher.