Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hook 'em Horns!


How hard is it to find University of Texas fabric? VERY! That's why when I was at Quilter's Emporium and saw this on display (along with the same style in Texas A&M Aggie fabric, which is very easy to find (!)...and even a bolt of Texas Tech print), I grabbed a yard, along with coordinating prints. Each design and square is individually trademarked.

On the selvedge it says, "Sykel Ent., a Div of Fabrique Innovations, Inc. Pattern #TX020CT and in red letters - The logos appearing on this fabric are protected trademarks of The University of Texas. This product is intended for personal use only. Any unauthorized use is prohibited"

The two perfect coordinates Quilter's Emporium had with it are - the orange, "Dimples by Gail Kessler for Andover Fabrics Patt 1867," and the black, "Moda Marbles 1997 by Patrick Lose"

I don't know what I'll do with them yet, but I did take advantage of the 50% off thread sale at Jo-Ann's and bought Coats & Clark 40 wt. Burnt Orange embroidery thread and "Copper" metallic for whatever and whenever inspiration strikes.

Couldn't resist the tiny (1 1/2") Eiffel Tower Paris print ("Friends Around the World" France by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers) in a fat quarter - Quilter's Emporium had their fat quarters 50% off, much cheaper than buying from the bolt. I love that shade of pink. And no cutting remarks about the "other" Paris. I was just so happy to find the Olfa 28mm blades also at Jo-Ann's. Usually my evil twin sewing sister gets them before I do.

No comments: