Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week -- Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla Herbal Tea
Cost:  $1.99 at Kroger
Number of teabags:  20
Caffeine:  No
Type of tea:  Herbal
Steeping time:  4 minutes
Add ins:  Drinkable for me without any sweetener - yay!  A little tap of Stevia brings out the fruitiness a bit more.
Teabag fragrance:  Spearmint
Ingredients:  Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, natural French vanilla flavor, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rose buds.
Pretty color!
Opinion:  As I do with most herbal teas, I brewed this with two teabags, to really pack up the punch.  So this was a fun ride in a mug!  I could taste the vanilla, then spearmint, then the fruit, one right after the other over and over.  I really liked this!  It brewed to a pretty color, too.  At first I was a little leery of the orange blossoms, since citrus gives me migraines, but am happy to report - no headache.  You can't beat the price either - $1.99 ?!  And you can usually find coupons every so often, too.   Even though it is part of the Sleepytime series (adding on to their blend of chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass), I drink it during the day, too.  Feeling hyper?   Off center?   Sit down and relax and enjoy a break.  Soothed and recharged to either carry on or close out the day.
Rating:  4.5  

No comments: