Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Tea Time


This week - Teeccino Mayan Chocolate Herbal CoffeeTee-Bags
Cost:  $4.99 at HEB
Number of teabags: 10
Caffeine:  No
Type of tea:  Herbal, coffee
Steeping time:  5 minutes
Add ins:  First with a little Stevia, then some CBTL fat free, sugar free vanilla powder (made it taste like pumped up hot cocoa!)
Teabag fragrance:  Spicy chocolate
Ingredients:  Organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramon nuts, natural chocolate flavor, organic cocoa, organic chile flakes.
Opinion:  The idea was bizarre enough for me to try, chocolate was the bonus.  It brewed nice and dark, like coffee. It also has 1% calcium and 1% iron.   It does have 390mg of inulin, which probably accounts for the 4g of carb.  And mostly likely from the chicory.  Some people are iffy about it.  This is the first time I've seen it listed in a beverage label.  It didn't bother me, since I only had one mug/one "teebag".  I would drink and get this again.  It is a nice change of pace, and kinda fun.
Rating:  4 - I liked this!  And I'm not a coffee drinker.  That says it right there.

No comments: