Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Tea Time



Cost: $7.99 at H.E.B.
Number of teabags: 22!
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Black
Steeping time: 3 to 5 minutes, I went for 4 minutes since I would be adding milk for a traditional chai tea.
Mix ins: Skim milk and sugar. Next time I will try Fat-free Sweetened Condensed Milk as an alternative to the milk and sugar.
Teabag fragrance: Cinnamon, ginger, coconut...smells so heavenly! I even left the used teabag out for a few hours afterwards so I could still catch a whiff when I walked through the kitchen.
Ingredients: Indian black tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon pods, whole cloves, orange peels, nutmeg, black pepper, natural coconut flavor, natural cinnamon flavor. Even though it lists orange peel, and citrus fruit usually gives me migraines, I was able to drink and enjoy this without any headaches. Hooray!

Opinion: This is *the* tea everyone raves about and with good reason! It has a wonderful flavor, as you sip, you can taste the ginger and cinnamon and coconut, and then get a peppery kick. Perfect. Not the ack-ack peppery taste of other chais. And a pretty tin to boot!

Rating: 5+

Word is Zhena's will be debuting a Coconut Chai in a green tea version shortly! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Was on your site the other day and have ordered the Coconut Chai tea.