Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Tea Time


This week - Tazo Matcha Green Tea Latte concentrate
32 ounces - $3.99 at Super Target

"A soothing blend of traditional green teas with real honeydew melon"

Sounded quick, easy and cool on a 97 degrees in the shade day!
I mixed 3/4 cup of concentrate with 1 cup of skim milk, no added sugar or sweetener. I tried it iced; I put the carton in the refrigerator first. I'm thinking next time I may reduce the concentrate amount to 2/3. It has a pretty strong "grassy" green tea aftertaste. The honeydew melon flavor is discreet and seems to be mostly there for balance. It disappears before the green tea flavor kicks in.
Ingredients - water, matcha and other green teas, cane sugar, honeydew juice concentrate, natural fruit flavors.
4 ounces concentrate has 60 calories, 0g fat, 5 mg sodium, 16g total carbohydrate and 15g sugar
Opinion: If this is the same that Starbucks serves, you can certainly save some money and traveling time with this. I saw there were other flavor concentrates, including chai, on the shelf I would be willing to try. I also remember seeing a three-pack of the chai concentrate cartons at Costco, I think priced around $9.

No comments: