Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Grilled Chicken (sorta) from the Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Spicy Pineapple Dressing from Cooking Light

Inspired by the July 2010 issue Cooking Light Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Spicy Pineapple Dressing, at least these directions --

"1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with chili powder and salt. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; set aside."

Only I used Penzeys California Style Seasoned Pepper and Smoky 4/S Special Seasoned Sea Salt. (I almost grabbed the Chili Con Carne and I think that would be a great less fiery substitute from the straight chili powder next time.)

My original intent was to make this salad, and I will eventually. However, comfort food combinations were needed that night (cheesy rice and green beans).
I liked the idea of using a package of Costco boneless chicken breasts, my meat hammer, grill pan and a great combination of Penzeys spices to cook up some chicken. Easy-peasy. And yummy!

No comments: