Friday, July 16, 2010

J.Jill Organic Cotton Jeans for only $19.99!


Organic cotton-blend boyfriend jeans - a different take on denim and the now ubiquitous chinos out there. Here's a fun, comfy and stylish alternative. Originally $89, now marked down to only $19.99! And with the J.Jill card $18.99?! - I bought two! 99% organic cotton, 1% Lycra Spandex. The oatmeal-colored fabric sort of reminds me of the painter's pants of the late 70's. I thought they had a slightly narrower, yet still looser, fit through the hips and thighs compared to the traditional blue denim version. Perhaps because the fabric weight and stiffness was a little bit lighter and softer. At first I passed these over because I had tried the traditional jean version a few months ago and they really didn't fit me. But the "Boyfriend Jean" styling, sitting slightly below the waist and a little bit slouchy, was more flattering and forgiving in the fit department. Unrolled, the inseam is 31 1/2" Definitely ballet flats or flip-flops if I want to wear them that way. But they just look super cute with sandals, boat shoes and sneaks, and help contain the style when you do a 2x 1-1/4" roll.

If you are shopping in the Houston area, I found these at the Memorial City Mall J.Jill store - they are on a rack in the center towards the right side. I think they just marked these down, there were still lots of them. They are also available at the $19.99 price on their website and in Petite sizes, too.

No comments: