Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shoo Plastic! Fabric Shoe Bags


I really did love the fabric from the pink stripe PJ's! In addition to a fabric tray, I used the legs to create shoe bags for traveling. Even reusing the elastic waistband as a closure because I was too lazy to make a drawstring! Since it's just a shoe holder and just for my eyes only - well, now bloggy land - I didn't even bother to finish off the raw edge of the waistband I snipped off. Of course for a gift, you probably would be using new or stash fabric, not old PJ's.

These did the trick just fine - I'm even making another pair from flannel PJ's a little bit bigger and little more sturdier for my sneakers. Plastic bags are fine to use for workouts, too - especially for wet things. But I hated wasting them for workout shoes which are dirtier and ultimately rubbing against each other, unless you use two bags, etc., etc. And nowadays I'm not getting as many as I'm bringing my own bags shopping.

No comments: