Monday, April 19, 2010

Back in the Oven Again...Cooking Light Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin


Finally, after battling fierce allergies to record-breaking tree pollen levels and being out-of-town, I can get back to baking and cooking!

Tonight I made Cooking Light's Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, found on page 28 of the Cooking Light Best Recipes 2010 (which is on the newsstands until April 23) This recipe was originally from the March 2009 issue. The "Best Recipes of 2010" is actually the top-rated recipes from 2009.

Very easy to make, but I think I would change up the directions just a bit. Instead of preheating the oven first, start the oven after you've seasoned the pork and while it is standing for 20 minutes. Why heat up the kitchen any longer than you need to. I also transferred the pork to a baking dish instead of putting the pan in the oven. My pan is old, and I'm not sure if the handles are or were ovenproof. The dish helped corral the juices, and after transferring the cooked pork to a plate to rest and stand, I poured the extra liquid on top.

The rub is an interesting and fragrant combination of spices, typical of Cooking Light. I used all pre-ground spices. The house smelled wonderful. And the pork was just delicious! It is definitely going into our family favorites binder.

No comments: