Monday, April 12, 2010

Peet's Tea Surprise in Houston

All places, Houston Hobby Airport. Peet's Coffee & Tea has a place near Southwest Airlines gates. I think this is their only storefront location in Houston. Pity, they make a great iced tea at a great price, especially in an airport. I got a large for only $2.45! Crystal-clear and not at all grassy or funky. Great ice, too!

Now if only Hobby would get free wifi. . .


(Psst! If you are by Southwest Gates 22/24 near Buffalo Wild Wings, you can grab their free signal. While not strong enough to connect your iPod Touch through (it could detect the signal, that's all), you can get up and surf the Internet with a netbook or laptop. There is also a table for two with an outlet next to the ordering area. I point this out only because while Southwest has some gates with tables and chairs with outlets, Gates 22/24 do not. So if you are charged up or can wangle that spot, go for it!)

2 comments:

Peggy L said...

I have been going to Peet's out here in CA. If it ever stops raining and warms up, I'll try the ice tea. For now, I want hot coffee:)s

Pete Moss said...

Hi, I'm the manager at the Peet's Coffee and Tea there at Hobby, and just came across your blog. Good to know the iced tea is hitting the spot. There are a couple more Peet's in Houston, but they are inside Bush IC airport. We do sell boxes of our Summer House Iced Tea that you can use to brew at home for $6.50, or you can buy them from www.peets.com.
The free wi-fi is supposed to happen at Hobby sometime in the future, though it seems to have gotten delayed for some reason no one is sharing. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Boingo Wi-Fi you have to pay to use.
Anyhoo, I'm glad you enjoyed the Tea, and thanks for stopping by.