Monday, January 04, 2010

First sewing project of the New Year!



A hamper liner?! Well, ya gotta start somewhere. I love my Pier One hamper, but I also knew the cotton tie-in liner was not long for this world. I simply used the measurements and recreated a new one out of stash yardage. And it was good practice for sewing/serging a rectangle bottom to a length of fabric.


Not only did this reignite my sewing mojo and reset my to-do list, but in the process of grabbing this stash fabric, I found the fabric I wanted to use for my next sewing project - another Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue 2945.

Update January 13 -- and here it is. I think it has a bit of a Betsey Johnson feel. Maybe it even is, the store I bought it at does carry her fabrics.

3 comments:

Lala said...

Hi Peggy!!! Well... we got rid of hampers in leu of a LAUNDRY CHUTE! LOVE IT! Although making "basket/hamper" liners is something I have been contemplating!

UGH... if it wasn't for the FALLING WHITE STUFF I might make a run over the border to HL for the .99 patterns!

Lala :o)

Peggy said...

Sometimes I pretend I have a laundry chute...until the pile gets high enough in the corner and cruel reality sets in to get my butt in gear and do the laundry! I don't have any place to chute - no basements here in SE Texas. I MISS them!! And the magic laundry fairies.

Roz said...

Great blouse. I like animal prints!