Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Betty Crocker Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Dessert Bars


Like a Peanut Butter Cup on steroids! Whoa!

No bake, you just need a microwave and refrigerator. And a 4-cup size microwave-safe bowl. I washed it between the crust and filling preparation steps.
Trying to watch the fat a little bit, I used Smart Balance 50/50 Blend stick for the chocolate crust mix. Smart Balance tends to be a bit salty and I thought I could hide it better in the crust. And reduced the 1/4 cup butter (unsalted) by a tablespoon for the peanut butter filling. I think I could even go down another tablespoonful next time, as the peanut butter is already creamy.
So rich and so good! At first when you see the box sized pan you think, "15 servings?" Believe it. A little piece will satisfy big...

No comments: