Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Soon to be appearing on HGTV!


Or not! This is what happens when your original plans for cafe style curtain "window treatment" gets waylaid by Hurricane Ike and a fence falling down. I found two Waverly red-tagged orphans at Target last year ($3.74 and $9.58) after the living room was painted. And due to procrastination and my lack of a home dec sewing gene, I never got around to covering that second living room window. It was protected from public view by the former fence and I liked the sun and light. Not so when people can see right into your house now. I like the second more asymmetrical look. Once the fence is repaired -- the adjuster comes out next week! -- I'll shorten and redesign the treatment. But in the meantime don't you think it kind of makes a statement beyond WTH?! Boldly combining color and texture! Or she really needs two of each not one of each, but good try!? Beyond all compare, I'd rather sew clothes instead.