Monday, September 22, 2008

More Ike photos (new added)


This piece of paper was stuffed into my pocket during Hurricane Ike's landfall. My husband knows I like timelines and these were the predicted sustained winds and estimated time duration for our side of Ike and part of the county. 58 mph winds from 10:30 to 1:47. From 1:47 to 2:30 75+ mph winds. Then the eye would pass over, with the wind picking up again from 3:30 to 6:00. An hour at 70, then tapering off. The 30 with the left arrow was the plus or minus 30 minutes. It was comforting to tell myself and L that "it's almost over"...

These were the shingles I gathered, carried and dumped near the curb. Look at the nail sticking out! I just noticed that after I took the photo.

Some roof shots... hard to tell from the photos, but the adjuster determined the entire roof needed to be replaced.

Here is our hiding place in the hallway. The mattress was too wide, which turned out to be a good thing. At this point the power was out and there was a lull in the storm until I took the photo...that's why L looks so nervous - things started crashing into the house again!

No comments: