Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue 2980 - Booby Trapped!


I finally got around to sewing this favorite of the sewing clique who made 2980 earlier. Looks great on the hanger, but not so great on me. If you are small busted, you'll love this top (and will want to make a Jo-Ann's run this weekend to grab it for $3.99). If you are larger, you'll be embarrassed. Or not, depends. Me, I didn't want the double-take. I wish the collar "bolero" was a little bit longer and wider to cover more of the front. I even tried tacking the edges to the front, but it really didn't help or stay put - it kept bunching under the arms.

But I can say that Sandra's directions are impeccable and this was fun to sew - especially when you see how the collar merges into the design. The fabric was two $1/yard remnant pieces of crinkly knit from Hancocks. I used a contrasting color for pieces #1 (collar) and #4 (sleeve), to give it more of a bolero/shrug look from the front. This is a very cool top, I had high hopes for it and am sad it didn't work for me.