Sunday, August 10, 2008

Burda 7968 - View B - Coming soon to a thrift shop near you!


A bad fabric, style and (so far) pattern choice for me! I was hoping for a cute short-sleeved top to wear over a tank top. Ank! View B with the short sleeves looks dowdy, frumpy and "old." Even shortened to different lengths. It also runs very large across the front, the upper shoulders are wide and the sleeves are falling off the shoulder. You could easily go down one or even two sizes from your usual Burda size. So many of the catalog Burda patterns I've sewn turn out better than they look and photograph, I thought for sure this was another one of them.

Perhaps the long sleeves of View A, a different size and fabric could rescue 7968. Before I throw in the pattern along with the shirt, I may give the hidden View C camisole a shot.