Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue 2945 - Redemption!


If you just keep winding the bobbins, eventually you'll succeed. Vogue 2945 was Sandra's second chance and I really wanted it to work. But after sewing so many Burdas, I had forgotten that - 1) I need to go down a size than what I usually measure, as Sandra's patterns are pretty generous and forgiving in the bust area, 2) her patterns also tend to run short in the torso, so I need to add 2". I remembered to add the length but forgot to decrease the size. Another for the Goodwill bag.

But I loved this top! Again, another cool engineered pattern design. And Sandra takes you through step-by-step to a successful finish. What I liked about this was the flattering squared and draped neckline with a neat shoulder pleat. Different and not cowl-drapey. Score one there. Then the front lining - genius. Perfect for this onion-skin knit print. No worries about see-through in the front and it provided weight and finish.

I'm glad I have enough fabric left over to give this another go. It is another $1/yard Wal-Mart wonder from back in the day when I would buy 5 yards at a clip. (Did I buy yards of fabric? More like pounds of fabric!)


Tah-Dah!