Saturday, September 15, 2007

I need to go through your underwear drawer

Is this going to be Tim Gunn's Guide to Style show's catch phrase?! I watched the second episode repeat on Friday. (I don't even bother to stay up to see it new Thursday night.) I was hoping the emotional reaction of this episode's featured girl, Je-Anne would put a stop to it once and for all. But I think when she left the room in tears of embarrasment, the production assistants persuaded her to come back. We buy and wear what we can find and afford. Yes, I agree we could all use new underwear. Yes, I agree we are probably wearing the wrong stuff...but look what we have to select from in average American department stores. Yes, I would love to go to a specialty boutique and be fitted from well-stocked range of size merchandise. And yes, I would like the $$$ to afford it. Three figures for a figure! I truly don't know what is more cringe-worthy, watching Tim during the scene or watching the girl become totally mortified. Knowing this, why can't they just include a stop at the uw boutique on their shopping travels, as they do at the designer of the week, and edit out this part of the show?

No comments: