Sunday, September 02, 2007

Customizing Cool Clothes


Customizing Cool Clothes - From Dull to Divine in 30 Projects by Kate Haxell 2006 ISBN: 1-59668-015-6 (paperback), Library Call No. 746.

Great book for embellishing RTW or your own sewn clothes -- Jeans, jacket, pants, skirt, sweaters, shirts. Gorgeous photography and close ups of steps along the way. Even if you don't use the entire presentation, there's enough to use in small doses. I especially liked the idea of replacing buttons with wooden toggle buttons and leather string. Great designs for beading and ribbon (even tearing and raveling silk duppioni into strips for the bohemian skirt) embellishment.

Buy or Borrow? As I was going through it again for the review, it seemed familiar and I thought I had bought this already. After double-checking my bookcase, and my mind, I realized it was actually the second time I checked it out from the Library. Perhaps a sign to put it on the To Buy list.

No comments: