Monday, July 02, 2007

Inspiration

Comes in unexpected places. The launchpoint for my potholder was actually a back pocket design from the children's section of the April 2007 Burda. I kept the flower, but decided against the heart quilting in favor of somewhat straight lines.

On Saturday I bought the July/August issues of Cloth.Paper.Scissors and Belle Armoire. Some issues are better than others, and their pricey-ness ($7.99 and $6.95 respectively) makes for a mindful purchase, even with discounts. A quick flip-through made them a buy this time. Somerset Life is new, and one of their $$ ones ($14.95). While I'm not into scrapbooking nor stamping (gasp!) and therefore their other Somerset publications, this reminded me of the way Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion used to be. Filled with lots of creativity, this page sealed the deal -- It was just pleasing to me and I thought easily replicable to use as a free-form embroidery design on something, somewhere, sometime.



No comments: