Friday, July 27, 2007

Burger Bribery

I'm going to try a new recipe tonight...The Black Bean Burgers from the newest issue of Taste of Home (August/September). I prebribed L last night by making rice krispy bars, and this afternoon a tiny cake. Back-up is a ham pasta salad, another L fav, in case the burgers are truly horrible and I need something to eat. They looked and sounded good, though. Whenever TOH has a photo, that's a good sign. I made a turkey tenderloin dish which didn't, and it looked and tasted terrible. Something to keep in mind when you are flipping through the food 'zines.

Update: I liked them, L ended up with the "no thank you helping" (2 bites. Remember that from Girl Scout camp? "Would you like some broccoli?" "No, thank you" PLOP it goes on your plate). Very colorful, too. I used my Cuisinart Griddler and served topped with some salsa and a pinchful of shredded taco cheese. I'll freeze them along with the buns to nuke for a quick lunch. Unfortunately I probably undid all the good stuff by having a good-sized piece of tiny cake later on.

You'll find this recipe on page 41 in the Bonus Card section of the August/September 2007 Taste of Home magazine. Credit Clara Honeyager.

No comments: