Saturday, July 14, 2007

Check your local library


I checked out these books from my local library and ended up buying them (on Overstock.com). So much for my resolve to keep my bookcase shelves from crashing with additional book poundage. But my purchasing is also guided by if I Post-It more than 5 pages, I need/must/should have it.

Designer Bead Embroidery - 150 patterns and complete techniques by Kenneth D. King. 2006. The library call number is 746.6 KIN, the ISBN is 1-58923-272-0 I love the stylized alphabet and basic designs which look nothing like. Includes borders, backgrounds, motifs, edging and fringes. There are also beautiful ornate designs, I feel even I can utilize different sections to add my own embellishing touch.

Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two (for small slow cookers) by Beth Hensberger. 2007. Dewey Decimal System call number 641.561 HEN, ISBN 1-55832-341-4. I already had and loved her other cookbook. I even went to Target to get a 4 quart crockpot (red was on sale) to make the Italian Meat Sauce on page 90, that's how tempting it seemed. Even though it says 3 quart cooker, it pretty well filled the new 4 quart. It made enough for dinner and I froze the remaining to have plenty to defrost and make a lasagna two weeks later! I'm now a two crock girl - Red is now on the counter and Big Guy is stored in the cabinet, awaiting future Taco Soups.

I am surprised with all the good sewing, craft and cookbooks our library is getting, and probably yours, too. Check them out before you buy! Some books I thought I had to have, turned out I didn't. I saved money and another bookcase.

No comments: