Sunday, May 01, 2016

Survivor!

Hooray!  I completed my third Blogging from A to Z Challenge!
(Click for 2016, 2015 and 2014)

What did I learn from this particular one?

You still need to get a little creative with some of the letters and sometimes find your clue from within the word.

I really liked that 5 1/4" x 8 1/4" watercolor Travelogue Handbook sketchbook!  A little bit expensive, but worth it.  Some of the pages really took a beating with some of the layers and lots of water, yet no tearing nor show through.  Other than a little warping directly under the design sometimes.  But no biggie. It was also my first time also using the landscape format.  Though I kept wishing it was maybe just a little bit taller - maybe 6  to 6 1/2".   I felt a little crammed in.

Finally it was fun to play with my watercolors, trying new paints (Hello Daniel Smith Undersea Green and Quin Gold!), and the freedom to just slap on the paint and go for it.  Little watercolors are less intimidating than taping a quarter sheet of Arches to the board and then hesitating to pick up the brush.  None of my pages were a do-over.  If I thought I goofed up, I figured out a way to make it work - learned to think it through and solve.  They even turned out to be some of my favorites.

So thank you all for visiting and I hope you keep checking back.

No comments: